best women’s shoes for degenerative disc disease in may 2022
1. Best Fitness Shoes: ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 25 Running Shoe
Have you ever heard of degenerative disc disease? If you haven’t, it’s a medical condition that can cause pain in the back and muscles. It’s not very common but can still be debilitating if mild. The pain is caused by pressure on nerves, making the symptoms similar to sciatica.
This type of condition is serious for those who have it and unsettling for their doctors because there are no medical treatments other than rest and anti-inflammatory drugs to relieve the pain. It can be a challenge to find good shoes when you have degenerative disc disease, which is why we’re here to help!
2. Best Everyday Walking Shoe: Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4 Kindle Slip-On Walking Shoe
- Best Everyday Walking Shoe: Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4 Kindle Slip-On Walking Shoe
Skechers shoes are popular for their comfort, and the Go Walk 4 Kindle is no exception. These slip-on sneakers have a breathable mesh upper and a cushioned sole that makes them perfect for everyday wear. They’re lightweight, flexible, and require no break-in time. The Go Walk 4 Kindle can be used for walking, work, or other activities that involve being on your feet all day without putting added pressure on your joints—and its removable insole means you can add an orthotic if needed.
3. Best Comfort Sandals: OOFOS Women’s OOahh Slide Sandal
If you suffer from DDD, we recommend the OOFOS Women’s OOahh Slide Sandal. Not only do they help with pain relief, but they also provide excellent shock absorption, making them highly supportive. These sandals are incredibly lightweight and easy to slip on and off — perfect for slipping on after a day spent wearing dress shoes and before you head off to a summer barbecue. Their soft and flexible materials allow for comfort all day long and are ideal for post-workout recovery. They come in more than 16 different colors so you can be sure that no matter your taste or style there is an option for you!
4. Most Versatile Shoes: Vionic Women’s Splendid Midi Perf Slip-On Sneaker
Vionic is a reputable orthopedic shoe company that specializes in products designed to relieve pain and prevent injuries in the feet, ankles, and lower legs. The Splendid Midi Perf Slip-On Sneaker is one of Vionic’s most popular shoes, and for good reason: it’s versatile, comfortable, and cute. This slip-on sneaker has a mesh upper with perforations for breathability as well as an elasticized fabric panel for easy on-and-off. Available in six different colors, the Splendid Midi Perf Slip-On Sneaker can be dressed up or down depending on your outfit and activity level. I’ve worn mine to work with slacks or a dressy blouse, but have also taken them out on light strolls while wearing jeans or shorts.
The Splendid Midi Perf Slip-On Sneaker features Vionic’s “Orthaheel Technology” which involves built-in arch supports that help align your body into an upright position (which takes pressure off of your back). Additionally, every aspect of this shoe was designed by podiatrists to encourage natural foot motion—meaning that you won’t be aggravating your DDD symptoms simply by walking around!
5. Best Dress Shoes: Orthofeet Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Comfort Mary Jane Sneakers for Women
These sneaker-style shoes are a great option for women with degenerative disc disease. They offer firm arch support, pain relief, and are designed to keep feet comfortable all day long.
The Mary Jane line features an anatomical orthotic insole that can be removed or replaced with custom orthotics if needed. The style also comes available in wide widths. The company offers a free eBook on foot care as well as a 90-day comfort guarantee and free returns within 60 days of wearing the shoe if you’re not satisfied with them.
- Shoe width is slightly wider than most alternatives for added comfort and wiggle room for swollen feet
- Premium padding at the heel and forefoot adds additional cushioning
6. Best Diabetic Shoes for Neuropathy and DDD: Propet Women’s Madison Tall Zip Boot
The Propet Madison is a tall boot that comes with extra depth in the shoe, allowing you to insert your own orthotic or custom-made insert. The full-length removable insole provides not only comfort but also stability for those with diabetic foot conditions such as neuropathy.
The narrow heel cup and wide toe box are specifically designed for sensitive feet and will prevent rubbing and prevent friction from occurring. The soft leather upper comes with a full-length removable insole, which has been designed to provide orthopedic arch support to help alleviate pain caused by degenerative disc disease (DDD). The durable rubber sole delivers both traction and grip, making it suitable for indoor/outdoor use. A firm heel counter helps to keep your feet comfortably stable so they won’t slip around inside the shoe while walking or standing upright on uneven surfaces.
This tall boot is perfect if you need an extra depth shoe due to swelling of the feet, be it from diabetes complications like neuropathy or just general healing after surgery, injury recovery period following trauma such as broken bones etcetera… It can also function as an everyday work shoe if required thanks its durability factor which ensures long lasting wear time even under heavy load bearing activity levels.”
7. Best Rain Boots for DDD: Forever Link Mango-21 Lady Boot
- For those with degenerative disc disease, the Forever Link Mango-21 Lady Boot is one of the best rain boots available.
- The boot itself is made of black rubber, with a high-quality synthetic sole that makes it both waterproof and durable.
- The Mango has a side zipper to make putting it on easy, as well as a pull tab at the top to help you remove it quickly when you need to.
- The boot is comfortable and light enough for everyday use.
- At such an affordable price, this stylish boot won’t break the bank!
8. Best Work Shoes for DDD and Neuropathy: Naturalizer Women’s Marianne Sneaker
These shoes are made of leather and have a padded collar. They also have a removable N5 Contour insole that lets you insert custom orthotics if you need them.
The breathable lining, flexible sole, and low heel will keep discomfort to a minimum as you walk around your office. If you’re wearing these for work, you’ll be happy to know that the heel is only 1.5 inches high with a B width. You can get them in medium width or wide width if that fits your feet better.
If you have narrow feet or are looking for something with more of a pointed toe, Naturalizer also has similar styles available in those sizes at various retailers online; just make sure they have the N5 Contour system.
9. Most Stylish Shoes for DDD and Neuropathy: Brooks Ghost 12 Running Shoe
- For those who suffer from DDD and neuropathy, it can be great to have a shoe that allows you the freedom to choose from a variety of outfits. The Brooks Ghost 12 Running Shoe is one of the most stylish shoes you’ll find for DDD and neuropathy, so whether you’re going out for an evening on the town or simply hanging out with friends, this shoe will give your feet support and style.
- This is a very comfortable shoe that provides plenty of support for your feet. It features a BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning system that makes it easy to wear all day long. You won’t want to take them off!
- The Brooks Ghost 12 Running Shoe has high quality materials that make it durable and long-lasting. These materials are meant to last many years, so you can feel confident when wearing them in any situation.
- This shoe is flexible and lightweight, making it easy to move around in all types of terrain with ease! The BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning system also helps make this shoe feel comfortable while being supportive enough for walking or running on uneven surfaces like concrete sidewalks or grassy fields without causing pain in the feet over time (or even immediately upon first use).
10. Best House Slippers for DDD and Neuropathy (Women): ULTRAIDEAS Women’s Cozy Memory Foam Plush Fleece Lined Anti-Skid House Slippers with Indoor Outdoor Hard Rubber Sole, Large/X-Large, 9-10 B(M) US – Black Cross, 1 Pair
Fluffy, stylish and comfortable, these ULTRAIDEAS women’s house slippers are a great choice for those with degenerative disc disease who don’t like to be barefoot.
They have a padded memory foam footbed that provides comfort and relief from pressure points. These slippers are also made from soft plush fleece lining materials and high-density memory foam that molds to your feet. They provide you with arch support so that your whole foot is comfortable.
You can even wear these slippers outdoors because they have anti-skid hard rubber soles on the bottom of them. You’re less likely to slip when wearing these shoes on wet or smooth surfaces (such as tile or hardwood floors). They have an adjustable elastic band, making them easy to take off and put on while also keeping them secured around your feet.
The best shoes for degenerative disc disease are supportive and adjustable to accommodate the wearer
Degenerative disc disease can be a painful condition that affects your quality of life. Good shoes, especially those designed with orthopedic support, can help you manage the pain and swelling associated with degenerative disc disease.
Generally speaking, women’s shoes for degenerative disc disease are supportive and adjustable to accommodate the wearer. Supportive shoes can help alleviate pain by distributing pressure evenly across the wearer’s feet when walking. Adjustable straps also allow you to accommodate swelling or inflammation in your toes during flare-ups. While not suitable for all activities, orthopedic shoes are generally comfortable for everyday wear and are designed to help people with foot problems, including degenerative disc disease.